Grand Marnier crêpe soufflés
|6||eggs. 3 egg yolks, plus 6 egg whites|
- Reduce the orange juice by 50% by boiling gently in a saucepan
- Slowly boil the milk over a gentle heat then whisk in the reduced orange juice and bring back to the boil
- Whisk the yolks and 20g sugar together in a bowl for 1 minute then add the corn flour and flour and continue whisking.
- Pour the hot milk / orange juice over the yolk mixture and whisk to combine. Pour the mix back into the pan and whisk over a gentle heat until it returns to the boil.
- Cook for a minute, mixing all the time, then add the Grand Marnier, cover with cling-film and allow to cool.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190c, whisk the egg whites to soft peaks and gradually whisk in the remaining sugar. Using a whisk incorporate 1/3 of the whites into the orange mix. Then fold in the remaining whites with a spatula until homogenous
- Take each crepe and place on a sheet of greased parchment paper.
- Add a large spoon of soufflé mix to one quarter of each crepe then fold over. Add another large spoon of mix and close the crepe
- Bake immediately for 5 minutes then transfer carefully to a plate. Decorate with a little grated orange zest and a sprinkling of icing sugar.
- Serve straight away with ice-cream or crème fraiche