Fricasée of farmhouse chicken with baby vegetables
|1||chicken, jointed into 8|
|150g||tiny girolle mushrooms|
|200g||fresh broad beans|
|1||shallot thinly sliced|
|500ml||dry white wine (good quality)|
- Pre-heat the oven to 220c
- Cover the onions in hot water, peel and cook in 30g butter and a little water until tender
- Trim and wash the girolles and sweat in 30g butter with a pinch of salt, a dash of water
- Shell the peas and broad beans and cook in lightly salted water until tender then refresh in ice water and pod.
- Peel and wash the carrots and cook in the remaining butter with a little water until tender
- Heat the clarified butter in a shallow pan. Lightly season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper, put them in the pan and seal for 2 minutes on each side. Cover the pan and cook the chicken for about 12 minutes in the oven then remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Set the same pan over medium heat and colour the chopped giblets and carcasse, the shallots, the thyme and the bay leaf. Sweat without colouring for 2-3 minutes then deglaze with the wine and reduce by half. Add the chicken stock, reduce by one-third, add the cream and cook until the sauce lightly coats the back of a spoon.
- Pass through a sieve and season to taste. Drain all the vegetables and add them to the sauce, bring to the boil. Add the chives and pour the sauce and vegetables over the chicken. Serve straight away with some crusty bread for dipping.